21st Century Transportation
It’s time we had 21st century transportation in America.
From high speed rail to mass transit, it’s time for us to get on the right track. Americans all want a safe, clean transportation system that lets us all get where we need to go – but our current system just isn’t working. Our reliance on cars and planes to get from point A to point B means our transportation system consumes more oil than the whole economy of every other country in the world except for China, and we import most of that from foreign countries. Our tailpipe emissions account for a third of the nation’s global warming emissions, pollute the air we breathe and make people sick.
We’ll be working to raise the profile of high speed rail and public transportation by building grassroots support, garnering media attention, and getting community leaders like mayors and business owners to join the call for 21st century transportation.
- About Us
- Campus Chapters
- Get Involved
Work on important issues, learn valuable skills, get hands-on experience, and make a difference.
- Transportation and the New Generation
- A Better Way to Go: Meeting America's 21st Century Transportation Challenges with Modern Public Transit
- The Right Track: Building a 21st Century High-Speed Rail System for America
- Road Work Ahead: Holding Government Accountable for Fixing America's Crumbling Roads and Bridges
- Do Roads Pay for Themselves? Setting the Record Straight on Transportation Funding